What you do in practice will show when it comes to game time. You need to practice as hard as you can in practice just like it was a game. And if you miss too much practice, it won't only hurt you, but your team as well.
However, what are you supposed to do when the season is over. Do you just become a coach potato? The answer is no, you need to stay active if you're going to play volleyball the following year. Being active doesn't mean you have to go out and play another sport as long as you're doing something besides sitting on the couch and watching TV all day. This is because you'll probably get out of shape and it will be harder for you the following year to get out there and play volleyball. So, I'm going to give you some off-season volleyball training that you may want to try even if it's once a week or once month, you have to do something.
Off-Season Volleyball Training:
- Just stretching to keep the body loosened up so it doesn't get tight
- Do a little bit of running, biking or something of that kind
- You can always practice your skills if you have a net and court at home
- Also just watch what you eat and be careful
- Try not to get hurt and then you not be able to play the next year
- Or even if you play another sport during the off-season is great
Also see volleyball magazines .